We always aim to keep our ear to the ground when it comes to industry changes, commentary and trends. Here is our Round-up of 12 Digital Marketing Predictions that we believe will affect our clients in 2023, covering Content, Search Engine Optimisation, Audiences, Websites, and Digital Marketing…
1. Advertising costs will increase
We estimate the cost of running campaigns across digital advertising channels will increase by around 20% in 2023.
2. Cost-per-order is the top metric for advertising
This takes into account actual customer value to your business - alongside overall ROAS (Return on Ad Spend)
Audiences & Markets
3. Audience precision will be key & first party data will be imperative.
As cookies crumble across digital platforms, and tracking becomes increasingly challenging, you will need to know your customer inside out – and get their contact details. Email communication will move to the top of your list… again.
4. Your Audiences needs to become your community.
Instead of a target audience/market, you need to generate a community that knows and is loyal to your brand.
- Facebook groups/Instagram followers are good for consumer audiences
- LinkedIn groups and company page followers for B2B
5. All content needs to respond to the above changes
From advertising landing pages to blog posts and downloads, you need to get the levels of information, education, engagement and compulsion to buy right…. It’s going back to the customer life cycle and customer touch points
6. Helpful content will challenge the average blog post
If you’re just musing, pondering and filling space, you will be penalised in your search ranking results... If your blog posts/articles take the form of guides and checklist – helpful stuff, you will be rewarded with good search rankings!
7. AI will start to establish itself...
We predict businesses will attempt AI content creators in 2023 - but the good, strong and quality brands will realise quickly that the platforms miss the ‘human touch’; a real-life, human perspective – and don’t quite hit the mark.
- In the test phase for us digital marketers over the last year, the platforms help us do our job, but do not replace us doing the job...
- Nothing has been created which doesn’t need human intervention.
8. Google is increasingly ‘interfering’ with meta descriptions
Google has been changing descriptive text to suit what people are looking for... Sounds like a great thing - should bring searchers to your website… But will the search terms match your content, or the right people?
9. Expect Fewer Organic Click Through Rates!
Google’s search results now include instant responses, so users can find speedy answers without clicking through to your website. You should optimise your website copy by providing clear answers to specific questions, so it’s more likely to be used as a featured snippet.
10. Voice searches are increasing...
People are increasingly using Siri, Alexa and Google Home to ‘find’ information for them online which is expected to continue into 2023, likely driven by consumer products and services. People ask search questions using conversational language, so your search terms will need to become more detailed phrases and queries...
11. On-site reviews and recommendations will only increase in value and presence
We’ve been adding testimonial functionality for a few years already, bringing together all client testimonials - from Google, Facebook, Trip Advisor, et al plus your own on-site comments – and displaying them in one easy, prominent place for your social proof.
12. Blog posts/articles will drive content – for advertising, SEO & social activity
As noted above, helpful content is moving to the fore and your blog/knowledge/ resource centre will become the priority for engaging your prospects and customers – and will need to ‘feed’ all activity channels.
Website Success is a leading digital agency in the South of England.
We deliver a range of services from SEO, pay per click, content marketing, strategy and more.
Call us on 01243200338 or book your chat in the diary here to see how we meet your goals.